Chivalric Codes and Rules
Ye Nine Points of Knightly Virtue
Ye Olde Knightly Code of Chivalry
1. Thou shalt believe all thy church teaches and observe all its directions.
2. Thou shalt defend thy church.
3. Thou shalt defend thy King and Queen unto death.
4. Thou shalt defend thy country against all whom oppose it without cessation and without mercy.
5. Thou shalt defend that of any charge unto death.
6. Thou shalt respect all those whom are weak, the poor and the innocent, and shalt constitute thyself the defender of them.
7. Thou shalt never lie and remain faithfull to thy pledged word.
8. Thou shalt never brandish thy weapon in anger nor for evil purposes.
9. Thou shalt perform scrupulosuly thy fuedal duties, if they be not contrary to the laws of god.
10. Thou shalt be everywhere and always thy champion of the Right, the Good and the True, and forever the foe of Injustice, Tyranny and Evil.
11. Thou shalt always fight fair and in an honorable fashion.
12. Thou shalt be generous and give largesse to everyone.
Knightly Rules for Chivalrous Love
1. Thou shalt avoid avarice like the deadly pestilence and shalt embrace its opposite.
2. Thou shalt keep thyself chaste for the sake of her whom thou lovest.
3. Thou shalt not knowingly strive to break up a correct love affair that someone else is engaged in.
4. Thou shalt not chose for thy love anyone whom a natural sense of shame forbids thee to marry.
5. Be mindful completely to avoid falsehood.
6. Thou shalt not have many who know of thy love affair.
7. Being obedient in all things to the commands of ladies, thou shalt ever strive to ally thyself to the service of Love.
8. In giving and receiving love's solaces let modesty be ever present.
9. Thou shalt speak no evil.
10. Thou shalt not be a revealer of love affairs.
11. Thou shalt be in all things polite and courteous.
12. In practising the solaces of love thou shalt not exceed the desires of thy lover.